Assistant Store Manager
PET VALU is a specialty retailer of pet food, treats, toys and accessories with more than 400 stores located across Canada; and in the United States in Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. We pride ourselves on training our employees to become pet experts so that they can strive to give our pet parents informed advice on pet nutrition, care and supplies. Employees are committed to providing friendly customer service at our convenient locations.
If you are excited by sales-building, merchandising, community involvement, and want growth opportunity, consider starting your career as a Pet Valu Assistant Store Manager.
• Conduct basic screening interviews on potential new hires.
• Set example for customer service, housekeeping, merchandising, etc.
• Provide feedback to the Store Manager on team members’ performance
• Participate in the training of team members.
• Build sales through adhering to marketing programs and providing a positive customer experience.
• Protect company assets by following Loss Prevention, Auditing and Ordering procedures.
• Provide a fun, productive and safe work environment by adhering to Human Resource procedures. Benefits
• Competitive hourly rate.
• Paid training.
• Medical and Dental benefits.
• Paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
• 401(k) • Quality of life – no late nights.
• Employee discounts.
• Flexible schedules.
• Experience in a retail environment. (supervision helpful)
• Proven track record of sales building.
• Ability to train and develop team members.
• Willing to work a flexible schedule – nights and weekends.