Pronature Contest Legal
PRONATURE HOLISTIC(TM) RETWEET CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”). THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA DOMICILED IN ALBERTA, SASKATCHEWAN, MANITOBA, NEW BRUNSWICK, NEWFOUNDLAND, NOVA SCOTIA, ONTARIO, PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND WHO HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PROVINCE OF RESIDENCE. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Contest Start Date: March 1st, 2012 at 6:00 pm EST
Contest Closing Date: March 31st, 2012 at 2:59 pm EST
Contest Draw Dates: March 3, 2012, March 10, 2012, March 17, 2012, March 24, 2012 and March 31, 2012
Five (5) prizes will be randomly given away every Saturday in the month of March to those who re-tweeted.
The prizes will each consist of four (4) months of free Dog or Cat food from Pronature Holistic(TM) in the form of product gift certificates valued at a maximum of $80.00 per month for a total maximum of $320.00 per prize. The bag size received by winners will be determined through daily feeding guidelines that utilize the age and weight of the available dog or cat. Gift certificates will be redeemable at any Pet Valu location in Canada and will expire on December 31, 2012.
• No cash value
• No refunds, exchanges or time extensions
• Cannot be used with any other discount offer
The total approximate maximum retail value of each of the prizes is $320.00. Number of prizes available to be won will decrease as prizes are awarded during the Contest.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter this Contest, you must follow Pet Valu Canada Inc.’s Twitter account located at the URL http://twitter.com/petvalu from your Twitter account. You must then retweet (meaning re-post) Pet Valu’s tweet about Pronature Holistic (TM)products by clicking “Retweet”. You must include @petvalu and #pronaturecontest in the post in order to enter. Your Twitter updates must not be protected during the Contest period. You must have an active Twitter account to enter this Contest. You may sign-up for your free Twitter account at https://twitter.com/signup.
Entries must be received on or after the Contest Start Date and on or before the Contest Closing Date. Limit one (1) entry per person, per day. Retweeting the same Pet Valu tweet more than once in a single day is strongly discouraged; each retweet must be of a unique Pronature Holistic(TM) product tweet in order to be a valid entry.
PRIZE DRAW AND ODDS OF WINNING
1. Every Saturday in March 2012 at approximately 3:00 p.m. (EST), one (1) entry will be drawn from all entries received since the Contest Start Date. Once an entrant has been selected for a prize, he/she (the “Selected Entrant”) will be contacted via a Twitter direct message from Pet Valu’s Twitter Account. If the Selected Entrant cannot be contacted or does not respond within three (3) business days, another entrant will be selected as the Selected Entrant for that week’s draw. In order to be declared a winner, the Selected Entrant must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question, and must otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations. If the Selected Entrant is determined by Pet Valu Canada Inc., in its sole discretion, not to have complied with these Rules and Regulations in any way, he/she will not be declared a winner and another entrant will be selected as the Selected Entrant.
2. The odds of winning a Prize in this Contest are dependent upon the total number of qualified entries received. Limit of one prize per person.
3. In order to be declared a winner, each Selected Entrant must sign a declaration of compliance with the Contest Rules and Regulations and a release (including publicity release), return any required documents (including the release) within the time period specified, correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, and otherwise comply with the Contest Rules and Regulations. If an entrant does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, if any required document or notification is not received by Pet Valu Canada Inc. within the specified time, or entrant does not otherwise comply with the Contest Rules and Regulations, the entrant is disqualified and forfeits the Prize and another entrant will be selected to win the Prize.
4. Selected Entrants will be required to sign a form of release (the “Release”), releasing Pet Valu Canada Inc., its affiliates, franchisees, PLB International Inc., Twitter Inc., and their respective directors, officers and employees from any and all claims and damage including but not limited to personal injury or property damage with respect to the acceptance, possession or use or misuse of the Prizes awarded or the participation in the Contest. In the Release, the Selected Entrant will also be required to confirm that he/she meets all eligibility requirements of the Contest, including residency and agrees to having his/her name, city of residence, comments, photos, videos and likeness publicized upon completion of the Contest without additional compensation.
1. This Contest is conducted by Pet Valu Canada Inc. and is open only to legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence, excluding Quebec, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Yukon Territory, Nunavut, and is not open to the employees and agents of Pet Valu Canada Inc. and their respective affiliates and members of their immediate families and any person with whom such person is domiciled. This Contest is also not open to any franchisee of the Pet Valu group (being Pet Valu, Paulmac’s or Bosley’s Pet Food Plus franchisees) or their employees and agents and members of the immediate families of such franchisees, employees or agents and any person with whom such person is domiciled, contest partners, prize suppliers, and the persons with whom they are domiciled.
2. In order to be eligible to win a Prize, you must have correctly answered, without assistance, a mathematical skill-testing question and otherwise comply with these Contest Rules and Regulations. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency in the following provinces prior to being declared a winner: Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island.
3. Neither Pet Valu Canada Inc. nor its affiliates, PLB International Inc. or Twitter Inc. assume any responsibility or bear any liability whatsoever in any way for (i) any participation in this Contest; (ii) the awarding, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of any Prize; (iii) any entries that are delayed, stolen, misdirected, lost, destroyed or damaged; (iv) any failure or slowdown of programs or software supporting, connected to or related to this Contest; (v) any problems or technical malfunctions of any kind, including without limitation computer systems, servers, equipment or software, however caused; (vi) any inability of any winner to accept a Prize for any reason; or (vii) any claim or loss attributable to a Prize awarded in this Contest.
4. Should there be a dispute over the identity of a Selected Entrant, an online entry will be declared as entered by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account which is used at the time of entry, and the Selected Entrant may be required to provide identification to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such Twitter account. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify Pet Valu Canada Inc. in writing if the entrant changes his/her Twitter account during the period of this Contest. Any automated or repetitive submission of entries, however achieved, will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related Twitter accounts or IP addresses may be blocked. In addition, anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter this Contest will be ineligible.
5. Pet Valu Canada Inc. reserves the right to modify, amend, withdraw, or terminate this Contest at any time without prior notice, subject to applicable law and where pertinent, approval of local jurisdictions. All Contest entries become the property of Pet Valu Canada Inc. and its affiliates and none will be returned. This Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws and regulations. The decisions of Pet Valu Canada Inc. are final and binding with respect to all aspects of this Contest.
6. By participating in this Contest, each participant and selected winner agrees to be bound by these Contest Rules and Regulations and agrees to release and hold harmless Pet Valu Canada Inc. and its affiliates, franchisees, Twitter Inc. and their respective directors, officers and employees from any and all liability for claims and damages including but not limited to claims or damages for personal injury or property damage with respect to the acceptance, possession or use or misuse of the prizes or participation in this Contest.
7. Failure to return the necessary documentation to Pet Valu Canada Inc. by the date specified in the correspondence from Pet Valu Canada Inc. may (in Pet Valu Canada Inc.’s sole discretion) cause the Selected Entrant to forfeit the Prize in its entirety. In such case, it shall be in Pet Valu Canada Inc.’s sole discretion whether to select another entrant as the Selected Entrant, or not to award the Prize at all.
8. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Prize winner must be of the age of majority in their Province of residence.
9. None of the Contest entities are responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Rules and Regulations, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of the Prize.
10. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to: (i) abide by these Rules and Regulations and the decisions of Pet Valu Canada Inc. and (if applicable) its nominees, which decisions shall be final, (ii) release and hold harmless each of the relevant persons (including sponsor of Contest, prize supplier and their affiliates and parent company) from any and all claims for damage, injury, death, loss, or other liability that may arise from any entrant's participation in the Contest or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize, and (iii) waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorney fees or damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to enter.
11. Any claim or legal action arising or occurring with respect to the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize, shall be governed exclusively by Ontario law, and shall be resolved exclusively in either the federal or provincial courts located in Toronto, Ontario.
12. Pet Valu Canada Inc. retains the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these Rules and Regulations or to suspend, modify or cancel the Contest at any time, and to make substitutions of equivalent kind or value in the event of the unavailability of any component of the Prize for any reason whatsoever. The Prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash redemption or substitution.
13. This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Decisions of Pet Valu Canada Inc. are final and binding with respect to all aspects of this Contest.
14. Void where prohibited.
15. Personal information shall be used to administer this Contest and otherwise as permitted or required by law.
16. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. By participating in this Contest, entrant grants to Pet Valu Canada Inc. and its affiliates the right to use his/her name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the winner or as otherwise permitted or required by law. In addition, the entrant agrees to allow his or her name, city of residence, photos, likeness and comments to be displayed on the Pet Valu website (http://www.petvalu.com) and/or published in Companion Magazine without additional compensation if he/she is declared a winner. Although some of the entries will be collected via Twitter, the only recipient of the information will be Pet Valu Canada Inc. and its affiliates, not Twitter Inc.
17. For questions regarding this Contest, these Rules and Regulations or the Prize, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
18. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor and Administrator of the Contest is Pet Valu Canada Inc. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter Inc.