Pet Expert Advice: Dental Care
February is Pet Dental Month! Keeping your pet’s teeth healthy does more than create a great smile – it’s part of a whole-health routine. Being proactive with dental hygiene is a great way to help your pet’s teeth stay in tip-top shape and can save on costly dental cleanings at the vet later in life. Whether your pet is old or young, it’s never too early, or too late to start a dental care routine. Learn more about the importance of dental care and the impact in can have on your pets overall health, plus we’ve got some great tips and tricks so that dental care doesn’t become a chore. Plus we’ve got great ‘healthy smile approved’ products to help you and your pet keep on smiling!
Here are some of our Pet Expert articles to help you brush up on dental health:
- Dental Care
- Bacteria and Dental Health
- Overall Health and Dental Care for Dogs
- How to Brush Your Cat’s Teeth
- Small Pet Dental Care
Quick Tips & Tricks
- Some treats are designed specifically to promote oral health. Dental treats hold together until the teeth penetrate almost all the way through, helping to scrub your pet’s teeth while they are eating. Pets that chew actively have less plaque build-up and some dental treats can reduce plaque by nearly 70%. Ask our Pet Experts about the best dental treats for your pet.
- Cats need oral care too! Dental Treats help your cat maintain good dental health. They have a unique shape and crunchy texture that’s proven to reduce tartar.
- Does your dog have bad breath? Oral disease is the most common cause of bad breath in dogs. Up to 80% of dogs will exhibit signs of gum disease by age 3. There are products and techniques that make it easier and more effective than ever to address your dogs’ dental care. Talk to our Pet Experts to find the right solution for your pet.
Looking for Dental products?
It’s more than just brushing! From treats and toys that help promote a clean mouth, to dry foods with dental benefits, specialized teeth wipes, dental water additives and more, your local Pet Expert can help you navigate the great choices in ‘healthy smile approved’ products available to you at your local Paulmac’s Pets.