Reasons to love being a pet owner
There are countless reasons to love your dog, and many more reasons to love being a dog owner. Dogs (and pets in general) contribute to our lives in big and small ways.
Here are some of my favourite things about living with dogs:
- Waking up to find that your dog has stolen all the bed covers, but you don’t mind because she kept you warm all night
- Picking up a new treat or toy for your dog, just because
- That moment when your dog bursts into a run after you unclip the leash at an off-leash park
- Being able to easily talk to complete strangers because you both have dogs, the ultimate ice-breaker
- Knowing that whatever shape you’re in at the end of the day, your dog will be thrilled to see you when you walk through the door
- Carefully reviewing and scrutinizing the food you feed your dog, then picking up fast food for yourself, again
- Realizing you like a celebrity more because he or she is a ‘dog person’
- Changing your dog’s collar based on the season and/or occasion
- That little quirk about your dog that always makes you smile. For me it’s the way Denver’s tail wags in a circle when she runs.